Want to try acting? But would like to start "small"? Are you an Actor? But don't have time for a regular production?
Then .... BLT-To-Go is just right for you! BLT-To-Go is Brevard Little Theatre's troupe of "occasional actors," who make themselves available to provide free entertainment to non-profit organizations in Transylvania and surrounding counties.
As a member of BLT-To-Go, you will:
* Perform roles of your choice, in pieces ranging from 5-minute skits to 30-minute one-act plays, usually with 1-3 other actors. If you don't already have material, we'll help you find some -- and provide acting instruction and direction as needed. You will not need to memorize lines, as we read from scrips.
* Perform according to your own schedule: Members and their associated skits are on a standing "menu" of available material. If your skit appears to fit an organization's request, we call you; if you're not available for that particular event, we call someone else.
* Perform before small, appreciative audiences; usually 20-50 people, who are always grateful for your efforts -- and who may even give you a free meal!
* Perform in casual settings; community centers, fellowship halls, dining rooms -- not on a stage with bright lights, sets and formal props.
* Provide a service to the community: The BLT-To-Go entertainment is often the high point of the organization's gathering.
* Help BLT: BLT-To-Go produces publicity and goodwill for BLT; and although they're not required to do so, the receiving organizations often make donations too.
Interested? Contact Julie Vorus 885-2473 Cell: 504-905-2119, or send her an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org If you belong to an organization that would like to arrange for a BLT-To-Go show, Julie will be happy to talk to you about that too.
Below is the cast of BLT To Go at a rehearsal for a performance for the VIPS (Visually Impaired Persons), an organization that meets at College Walk once a month. Actors are L to R, BLT members, Anne Munch, Al Edick, Annette Hobbs, and Carolyn Winchester. Absent is Bob Singdahlsen. Standing is Julie Vorus, BLT To Go Coordinator.